Friday, August 17, 2012

'Avengers Academy' cancelled? NOOOOO!

Ever have something that you really look forward to? Comic book fans know what I mean, especially those who have been keeping up with Christos Gage's excellent series Avengers Academy.


Avengers Academy follows a group of new-ish characters around. They'd been tortured and tempted by Norman Osborn when he was in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which had then been changed to H.A.M.M.E.R.), and were initially recruited because they were the ones thought most likely to become villains if there was no intervention.

Gage has been doing a GREAT job writing it. I suppose I should be happy that we're getting 39 issues out of the series, especially since another favorite (S.W.O.R.D. -- Marvel Comics sure loves those acronyms...) was cancelled before the first issue was even out, only racking up a total of five that were released. Still, it doesn't mean that I have to be happy that one of my favorite things in the comics industry is getting the ax because of the reboot-that's-not-a-reboot known as Marvel NOW!

(If you're wondering where today's Fifty On Friday post is, I've just finished a 12-hour shift as I'm typing this at 2:30am. So, not having the brain cells to be all philosophical and shit)

0 comments:

Post a Comment