Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GAAAAH!

Ever been in a situation where money is a liiiittle tighter than you’d like?

 

. . .

 

Fuck, who am I kidding? The state that this country is in, the majority of us are struggling to pay bills. For me though, the struggle just got a wee bit harder. As in going from “paying bills and almost able to start saving again” to “FUCK! My boss cut me down to 12 hours this week!”.

 

Yeah, that’s my oh-so-wonderful work schedule for this week – two days, from 4pm to 10pm. What’s really sad about it is that I’m hoping it’s that high next week, and that my boss doesn’t decide to schedule me for only one day, or no days at all.

 

So I’m in the process of trying to find a new job. I’m hopeful about the application I put in with the bank I go through, and they seemed surprised that I called the day after applying. I’m hoping that’s a good thing, as I plan on calling every other day until I get an answer, one way or the other. I’m also going to file for unemployment, as they’ll (hopefully) help cover what I’m not getting, hours-wise. And my next day off (Thursday) will see me stopping by both of the employment offices in the area, to try my damnedest to get a different job.

 

. . .

 

I’m trying to be hopeful, though. Everything will work itself out in the end, which I’m reminding myself of whenever I start to stress out about money. Best case scenario, I get a new job that pays similarly to my current job, and don’t have to cancel my trip this April. Worst case scenario, I become homeless. In the event of that happening, I’ll have to work on a skill, like that “golden-voiced homeless guy” that’s been in the news.

 

OH YEAH! I’m also working on a novel. Or starting to. I’m in the “idea” phase, and intend to start outlining by the end of the first week of February. As the plan stands, the first few chapters should be finished by the end of February at the latest. I would try and work faster, but I’m also attempting to work out ideas for pitches to comic book publishers, and find work In Real Life until that works itself out. So, there’s that.

 

I’ll try and post more!

2 comments:

kelly said...

I have many friends either underemployed or in low employment-security. I seriously do not understand how employers can do this in good conscience.

Good luck on the job search! What kind of things are you looking for - maybe we can keep an eye out!

Justin said...

Honestly, I'm not going to be picky. I'll go for any job that will give me the hours that I need to pay bills. Preferably entry-level, since hotel work is almost all I've done so far.

Post a Comment