Sunday, October 14, 2012

You keep using that word...

... but I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you're a dork like me, you try and fit that into any situation you can. For me, it was when a coworker came in to the store and glared at me before saying "My name is Inigo Montoya... you killed my father. Prepare to die."

"I could give you my word as a Spaniard!"
One short conversation later, and I tossed out that other Inigo classic, which always makes me happy. Because, really, who doesn't love to point out when someone uses a word wrong. (And you can't tell, but in my head, this entire post is in Inigo's accent. Don't worry, most of the voices in my head have accents...)

I've been really slacking on posting the last few Fifty on Friday posts. This last Friday, I was so sick that I'd have had to feel better to be able to die, and almost had to work a graveyard for someone else, anyway! Thankfully, I'm almost wholly recovered now, and have already queued up this Friday's post. I'd get the one after that up, too, but I'm working on the expanded prologue of Who Killed Hermes?, and I've got to tell you... I'm pretty excited to share it with you guys.

Now that I've let you all know that I'm not dead -- despite the best efforts of the seasons and my immune system -- it's time for me to wrap this one up. Have to head home and work on some more WKH? for you all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly certain, the word I am using, it is what I think it means, and as such I shall continue to use it. Because my Logic not only has a dojo, but also a battering ram so it goes where it damn well pleases!

Post a Comment