Monday, March 5, 2012

Stuff You Should Know!

I busted my ass today, working on the behind the scenes stuff for this blog. I had to use unorthodox methods to be online, but I got a lot of things started and/or set up. Sure, more than a few of the pages are currently blank, but I had a lot of shit to do.

So now, scraping in juuuust under the midnight wire for today's post, here's some questions from Alexandra over at The Tsaritsa Sez. It's a part of some blog meme, and it sounded like fun, since she left it open for everyone to participate -- something I'll be doing too!

1. What is your favorite scent?
I love the way that everything smells both right before it rains and after the rain is done. I guess "petrichor" would be a good answer for this one.

2. What is your favorite way to relax?
Either cooking or writing. Cooking's the less demanding of the two, because it's frustrating to stare at that blank page when you're trying to write. It's like it's mocking you.

3. What was your favorite game to play when you were a kid?
I was a huge fan of Legos. I had a pretty good action figure collection, too, but I was FAR more interested in building shit that I imagined with Legos and having epic space battles, and things like that. Almost everything that I built was, in my mind, some sort of neat futuristic spaceship.

4. What did you think you were going to do with your life when you graduated high-school?
At which point? Pretty much all of my thoughts involved some sort of college after high school -- we see how well that worked out -- but what I wanted to do in life changed OFTEN. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Ninja Turtle, or a Planeteer, or Darkwing Duck. The shame I felt that I didn't accomplish any of those took a little while to get over. I've wanted to be a detective, to work with computers, to be a writer, and even considered going into the military when I was approached for my high ASVAB scores and got some pretty crazy career path offers.

5. Chocolate or vanilla?
Depends on what we're talking. If we're talking about almond milk, then both work for me. But overall, I'd probably have to pick dark chocolate over vanilla.

6. Would you prefer to star on a reality TV show, or participate on an "extreme" game show, like Fear Factor?
Probably the "extreme" game show, unless the reality TV was an interesting idea, and something I was either really good at or horribly bad at. Either way, I'd stand out. =P

7. What would you change in the world, if you had the power?
I'd make it a little more fun. Pop some fictional stuff into the real world, like the Genie (from the Disney Aladdin movie) or The Doctor... if he's not real already.

8. Do you believe in climate change? Ghosts? Aliens?
Yes, no, yes. The first is pretty straightforward science, the second implies an afterlife that I don't believe in and the existence of a soul, and the third... considering how unintelligent we can be as a species, I have a hard time believing that humankind is the only intelligent life in the universe.

9. If you could travel back in time to any time period, which era would you choose?
Strictly as an observer, safe from all harm, I'd go back to the Cretacious period. I'd want to see the dinosaurs, find out the definitive truth to the world-changing that brought about their end. But if we're talking about being active and really in it, probably the late 1800s. Not entirely sure why.

10. What is the most romantic/thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for you?
I'd say one of the first thoughtful things that comes to mind is when my friend Erica randomly put out a public tweet telling people to follow me on Twitter because I make her smile on a daily basis. Really, I've got some awesome, encouraging friends - both online and offline - and I'm lucky enough that it's hard to decide what's the most thoughtful thing.

11. What is your dream career?
Being a successful writer. It could be in comics, or a novel, or short stories, but that's what I've always wanted to do, and now I do it... minus the "successful" part.


There was a 12th one "for good luck", but I've barely got time to write eleven of my own, let alone answer hers in a manner that I'd feel good about. So, instead, that's what I'll include as one of mine! Thanks for letting me steal it, Alexandra! =P

  1. Why do you blog?
  2. Who is the one person that's meant the most to you, alive or dead?
  3. Which would you choose, if you could one have one: wealth, wisdom, love, or fame?
  4. Do you have any hilarious stories that you can share involving alcohol or "other"?
  5. What's one thing that you have a problem with, morally/politically/etc., in the world?
  6. Name one genre of music that you've always wanted to get in to, but never knew where to start.
  7. If you could have any ONE piece of technology, fictional or real, what would it be?
  8. What superpower would you want, if you could have any besides omnipotence?
  9. If you had that power, would you use it for good or evil?
  10. Have you ever thought about whether or not you'd survive the zombie apocalypse? If so, what's your plan?
  11. What is the worst book you've ever read? (If you don't read, "What is the worst movie you've ever watched?" is a potential substitute... but start reading, fool!)

1 comments:

the Tsaritsa said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you stole the meme :)

If I could time travel, I would also want to go back and chill with the dinosaurs. It would be cool to drop in on the Victorians, but only if it meant I didn't have to stay forever. Those people were repressed!

Post a Comment