Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days Of Truth: Hate

So yesterday was the first day of my not-too-sane idea to do NaNoWriMo, 30 Days Of Truth and more, all in one month. Yesterday's was SUPPOSED to be "Something you hate about yourself", but I just remembered, so that's why you're getting the first Day Of Truth now.


What is something I hate about myself? I'll take this opportunity to say 'forgetfulness'. I have a really bad habit, and always have had it, of forgetting things or getting really off-topic, really bad.


When I was a kid and later, a teen, I would be asked by my grandparents to get something from another room. I'd agree, walk out of the room, pause and realize that I'd forgotten. Those were, I'd wager, largely due to not paying that much attention, but it's always been a pain, to have memory issues.


It's only recently that I've started remembering REALLY early things, mostly brought to mind by external stimuli like a family member asking if I remember things. But there are things later than that, that I only know happened because someone else swears it's how it happened, and it seems likely.


That one is how things are with my closest and longest-term friend, a guy named Tony. I've known him longer than I remember, and with his account of how we met, details put that at almost 20 years ago, when I was 4 or 5. But if he's wrong, I have noooo clue.


Anyone else have memory issues? Or, hell, want to share something that you hate about yourself?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment