Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”

I love when it storms.

I'm not talking a little more rain than normal, I mean a full-on storm. You know the kind: the wind and rain are beating on your windows, the lights flicker a little, and just a few quick seconds outside will have you nearly drenched, if not blown away.

To some, they're inconvenient, and some hate the prospect of a power outage. I own some flashlights though, and have books. The sound of the storm outside is soothing, and I could easily fall asleep.

I work graveyard shift tomorrow night though, so I won't let the storm sing me to sleep. What I will do, I think, is make some coffee and write. I've got a snowball's chance in hell of making it to 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo, but I do have the start of a novel, and some new ideas.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment