Thursday, February 9, 2012

NHL/NBA arena in Seattle?

YES!

If you've been reading for a while, you might know that I'm a hockey fan. Vancouver Canucks are the closest that I have to a local team - and they're awesome - so, go Canucks! Occasionally, as that link shows, I'm a slightly annoyed fan, but it comes with the territory.

There's been talk for a while now (I first heard about it during the Stanley Cup finals) about an investor or group of investors wanting to bring the NHL to Seattle, as we haven't had a real hockey team since the early part of the last century. Now, according to an article in the Seattle times recently, talks are moving forward on a joint NBA/NHL arena!!!!

I am kind of interested in basketball, and would love to see the Seattle Sonics back. And as far as hockey teams... well, the Phoenix Coyotes are league-owned, and I think they just need a city to love them. We could do that, right, Washington people?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hamilton needs a hockey team before Seattle does ;)

HikerScott said...

We so need an NHL team!!!

Justin Barlow said...

@Em - BAH HUMBUG. You're close enough to Tor---- okay, I won't even finish that sentence. Maple Fails. 'Nuff said. :P

@HikerScott - I agree! And hey, welcome to the blog and thanks for the comment! :) Mind if I ask how ya found it?

Post a Comment