Friday, July 20, 2012

:(

It took a while to sink in, but after hearing about the tragic events in the early morning hours in Colorado, I'm filled with an immense sadness.

I don't know any of the victims, but the reality is that I could have, and that is terrifying. Most of the time that I think about how the internet has resulted in some of the best friendships with some very amazing people around the world, I forget to think about this part -- if something happened in their part of the world and they were caught in it, would I know? How would I react, or even properly grieve?

One friend did mention that, while she wasn't there for the Dark Knight Rises opening, that this was her usual theater. It's scary to think that someone that I went to high school with, someone who had me be the minister at her freaking wedding, could have been there when this happened. For me to be that horrified at the potential of something like this, I can only imagine how horrible things must be for the family members of those that were injured or killed by this one, crazed gunman.

If anyone connected to this tragedy sees this, my heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck recovering from the aftermath of this sad event.

It may be hard for some right now, but be well, friends. Both old and new, even if we've never met, or even talked -- I love you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment