Friday, July 27, 2012

Fifty on Friday #2

Ready for another week of me giving crappy answers to questions that should be making me think, or challenging the way I look at things?

Well, me either, but it's Friday. So, that means it's time for another five questions, or Fifty on Friday! This week, the randomizer spit out the following numbers for me to answer: 41, 1, 20, 6, and 8. Let's see if I can come up with something more profound than I did last week!



#41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Who wouldn't I visit? If I had to, I would steal a car to get to the people that weren't close by. But, if I had to pick one person, I'd have to say my grandma. She and my grandpa were the people who raised me, and I wasn't there when he passed. I wouldn't want to be aware of her impending death, and not be there when she passed.

#1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
It took me a second to get what this question was asking. If, by some form of amnesia or something, I forgot my age, how old would I look/feel/be? Honestly, probably about the same age, give or take a couple of years. I look like I'm in my mid-20s, which is good, since I'm one step closer to 30 as of tomorrow.

Think I'm not understanding the question? Feel free to share your interpretation, because I'm not sure what the hell it's asking, if I'm reading it wrong.

#20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Maybe I'm more patient than the person who asked this question, but no, I just push the elevator button once. I'll think mean thoughts at it, if it's in a tall building and stopping at every floor between it and me, but just the one push is enough.

I will admit to one super-nerdy thing, though: when I used to work at the hotel (hereafter referred to as "Inn Hell"), and doing my graveyard shift security walkthroughs, I would catch the elevator to the top floor and walk down from there. While I was on or waiting for the elevator, I would make hand gestures like I was Magneto and controlling the motion of the elevator itself. Really, it was because it made me chuckle, and there was no camera in the elevator. Yeah, I'm a super-dork.

#6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Writing. Or cooking. Or making music, even if I'm not very good at that anymore. It's the main reason I'm writing now, and making serious efforts to get published -- I'm writing for my own benefit, even if I never get paid for it.

And I love to cook, too. My grandma and I were talking about my grandpa earlier, and she told me that one of his favorite things to do was play around with flavors and foods, and make new things. That has me written all over it. Every time I create something awesome, I feel a bit of a connection with him, and that means the world to me.

#8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Well, for one thing, I'd be much more in awe of folks like my grandma, who are in their 60s. But I would definitely work harder at the things that make me happy, and spending more time with the people who make my life better just by existing.


You know what? I think that round of questions went a lot better than last week's; I actually feel like I got some emotional/mental benefit from answering them, this time. Just in time, too, since I'm 26 in less than fourteen hours! If you have any good add-ons, feel free to leave a comment! :)

Be well, my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment