Saturday, April 16, 2011

A WILD @NON_SENSEI APPEARS!

DSCN0037

 

Hey, blogosphere. It’s been a few days since SeaTac and my JOURNEY TO THE EASTERN SKIES. First things first, I don’t care if it saves money, if you are a big and/or tall person like me, I have one piece of travel advice for you:

 

Don’t fly to an airport that fucking nobody has heard of.

 

My final destination (for the flight part of things) was Lehigh Valley International, in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area of Pennsylvania. The friends of mine from New Jersey that were picking me up there had no idea where it was, which should have been a sign for me. The SeaTac-to-O’Hare part of things? That was nice and easy, and almost comfortable, despite the length of the flight.

 

Then, I had to walk across almost the entirety of O’Hare to get from the United gate that I came in from Seattle on, to the United Express gate that would take me to my final destination. Seriously, it was a 20 minute trek through O’Hare, and they have no smoking area. As in you cannot go outside of the airport to smoke, unless you completely leave the airport premises – in which case, you’re not getting back in time for your flight.

 

The only word that I can describe my flight from O’Hare to Lehigh Valley is this:  puddle-jumper. The plane was so small that I had to duck down at least a couple inches to get into the door, and I had to tilt my head to the side to walk around in the plane, because I couldn’t stand upright. So, for all you big/tall types, spend a few dollars extra on the full flight to New York, or Philly, or hell, even Newark.

 

Other than that, the trip has been good so far. I’ve had a blast hanging out with Matt (@non_sensei), and he’s got a very cool and comfortable apartment. Also, after the concert we went to last night (Lazarus A.D.), we hung out with @wAonLdeIrlCanEd and @sohailali, with conversation topics ranging from Heroes to bestiality.

 

I still have plans to go into New York a few times, and Philly at least once. Matt’s been super-hospitable, and routinely making sure that I’m enjoying myself on this trip. I’m mostly over whatever brief illness I’ve been dealing with (sinus congestion and horrible, awful coughing) since the 12th, which is good. All in all, I’ve had a great time so far, and look forward to having an even better time as the trip goes on.

 

Also, fucking SYMPHONY X ON FRIDAY!

And DOCTOR WHO’s new season on SATURDAY!

FUCK. YES.

0 comments:

Post a Comment