Monday, May 2, 2011

It's kind of weird to think about how I feel, having been back home from my East Coast Adventures for a few days now. If I had to pick a word, I'd say "rejuvenated" would be a pretty good one.


I don't know how long it'll last, but I feel GOOD. None of the downsides of the Grays Harbor area have managed to get me down for long - the rain, the cold, not even the headache that living with/supporting my mother has sometimes been. My beard is (temporarily) gone, and I've had four days at work since I've been back. I really do feel sort of fortunate to be alive and surrounded by a familiar area, and relaxed from the fun week-and-a-half that I had in New Jersey (and New York, for a day).


Another thing that makes me feel good is that I've sort of "broken through the wall" on writing my comic book pitch. On the flight home, by re-reading (and re-writing) the series breakdown as I'd had it so far - three issues out of seven - I just kept on writing. I've figured out how to get the miniseries to its intended end, and have gotten five of the issues broken down as I need them. As soon as I get the other two finished on the pages, I'll be writing the first issue's script.


On that note, I'm looking for an artist. I've got two friends (one local, one not so much) both interested, but I want to check out any talent pool that I can. If you, or anyone you know, is a talented or semi-talented artist, I'd love to hear from you (or them). Comment, leave me an email, or anything like that. With that said, I'm going to get back to writing now... you know, after Jeopardy is over.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comments:

kelly said...

I'm glad the trip did you good. I'm glad you were gone long enough for it to really make a difference! Check James Francis for a potential scoop on artists (he's local, or he was). I think he's on FB.

Post a Comment