Monday, June 4, 2012

Drawing A Blank

Few things are more irritating than a blank piece of paper. It taunts you with its lack of words. You know you can write something, but the decision of what to write is the problem.

You can look at other notes you've taken, but some days, none of the ideas that pop into your head feel right. On those days, none of your thoughts feel right to write -- and not writing the right thing feels abhorrent, like blaspheming against yourself.

Today is day two of being swing shift on the regular, and I'm looking forward to it. It was great to be back at my Murphy's store yesterday, and some good exercise walking part of the way home. Hopefully tonight will be good too, now that I know about what to expect.

I'm noticing a definite improvement, being off of graveyard shift. Sleeping at night the last few days has resulted in me waking easier, feeling more rested, and feeling less drained when I'm done with my shift. It's a good feeling, not working graveyard anymore.

Lastly, I called to check on that reporter position again today. It's not in the paper anymore, so I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm going to keep calling and pestering every few days until I get an answer. One way or another, I'll know -- they'll either hire me, or tell me to go to hell. Either way, I gave it my best shot. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment