Thursday, March 10, 2011

I’ve got it!

(This post is actually from yesterday, but I didn’t see that it didn’t finish posting. Enjoy! :))

 

You know what the best feeling ever is, to me?

It’s that feeling when I’m writing, and I’ve got the idea, but the execution of the idea is STUCK. It’s lodged in my brain somewhere, in an area I can’t get to – probably next to the little guy sticking the “out of order” sign in my gray matter.

 

But then it all clears out, and I have an EPIPHANY of how to work through that block.

 

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know that I’m working on a pitch for a comic book miniseries. A lot of small comic book publishers that I hadn’t heard of two months ago are accepting submissions for projects, and some bigger publishers are, too – namely, Image and Dark Horse. The “Big Two” (Marvel and DC) will only look at you if you’ve been published, but if I can have my own property stay MINE? That’d be fantastic!

 

Today, I finally shook loose the execution for my idea, and am really excited to finish the outline and start writing the script for the first issue of the miniseries. The first three issues are already plotted out – with the details to be added in the second outline phase – with three more left to plot, and a title left to figure out.

 

Now that I’m off work, it’s time to reward myself – by going home for whiskey and more writing! I can’t wait to see if this becomes a reality, and even if it gets rejected by a publisher, I might still self-publish it.

 

Paalam!

0 comments:

Post a Comment