Monday, March 7, 2011

Excitement! Food! YouTube! What more could you ask for?

. . .

 

I’ve sort of failed you, by not doing much adventuring over the weekend. The blind-me situation was most of the excitement over the weekend, but I did finish organizing the music in my collection!

 

I also took the time to cook, which I haven’t really done (at all) since moving into this house. Cooking’s always been a favorite hobby of mine, and I used to want to do it for a living, until I decided that was an awful idea. Restaurants can be pretty high-stress environments for the staff, and I didn’t want to risk losing my enjoyment for cooking.

 

On the menu the last couple days? Saturday night was chicken alfredo, which turned out okay, but I’d rather try and come up with my own recipe than use the jar sauce. Maybe next time. Last night was spaghetti, and it was fun to make, but it was quick (read: “only took an hour”) spaghetti instead of my favorite way to cook it, which is an all-day process.

 

Here’s something I’ve wondered for a bit – would any of you watch cooking videos, if I made them? I’m not saying they’d be super-frequent or super-awesome, but I like to cook, and it would give me a reason to do it more often, and have a point to videos besides just rambling on and on.

 

OH! Here’s an update! I have a job interview tomorrow morning, for a job at one of the local 7-11 stores! It’s not the job that I really want (local hotel is hiring for an assistant GM), but it’s local and would be a nice change of pace from what I do now.

 

For now I’m going to go back to watching YouTube videos, and waiting for my relief to come in, and my shift to end. This weekend should be a lot better when it comes around, since I have plans for a homemade Chinese food night with some awesome local people on Friday, and the Great West Coast Craic concert is on Saturday (and I get free tickets since my workplace is the official hotel of the theatre putting it on)! Those will be fun and exciting, and I’ll try to get some good pictures! :D

 

 

 

LOCAL PEOPLE: GREAT WEST COAST CRAIC IS WAS RECENTLY LOOKING FOR SOME VOLUNTEERS TO HELP SET UP FOR THE SHOW AND TO HELP SELL MERCH. ANYONE WHO HELPS OUT GETS FREE TICKETS. I’m not 100% sure if they’re still looking for help, but you can find out on the website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment