Monday, February 6, 2012

Time to suck all the fun out of this blog!

It's three days in to my "blog every day for a year" online journal attempt, and now it's time to go for a serious topic and suck every bit of whimsy out of this blog -- for just a day. :D

This one, I call "Is Misogyny Too Strong A Word?"


At work, I see a lot of comments that are, at best, semi-misogynistic. I don't know that the men that say them hate women, as the word misogyny would imply, but they seem... well, I'll let the comments they say speak for them, and you can judge.


  • ME: "Do you need a bag, sir?"
    CUSTOMER: "Nah, I've got one at home." *chuckling at his wife's expense*

    (sometimes they say "in the car", or "she just walked out the door", and this is by far one of the most common things I hear)

That's the only one that I can remember verbatim, but another theme is to have them griping about how irritating women are, and all sorts of other things that I just have to grin and bear for the sake of my job.

So, is it too strong a word? Or does it fit just right?


(the fun will be back tomorrow... hopefully. :D)

0 comments:

Post a Comment