Monday, April 23, 2012

It's my Friday and I'll post if I want to, post if I want to

You would post too, if it happened to you!

...

Yes, I grew up with my grandparents. I had to listen to "It's My Party" pretty often in car rides anywhere with my grandma, as well as a lot of other songs from the same era. They've become ingrained to the point where I've referenced them, like now. With my three days off, possibly (hopefully) more depending on the new schedule, I wanted to let you know of a few things I'm working on 'behind the scenes'.

The first is Harbor Humanism, a secular activism group that I've been contemplating for a while now. I've bought the domain, but haven't started any site or blog for it yet. Before I do that, I'm trying to figure out a few things locally, such as places to meet. I'm going to be asking around tomorrow at some of the places that should be willing to help with something like this, on the provision that anyone can come.

Secondly, I'm also setting up a "landing space" for my writing, which I'll let you know more about as it happens. Essentially, it's going to be a one-stop-shop for how to contact me, where to find my writing online, and a place for me to add writing jobs to my "Writer's Resume" as I acquire them.

Finally, I'm meeting up with local photographer Tom Hyde, to talk about stuff. It was prompted by the Olympia Views review of my blog, so there'll probably be mention of that. I might try and video tape it, if he's cool with that -- we'll see!

For now, time to work. Blargh. Murphy's, here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment