Wednesday, April 18, 2012

YOU CAN DO IT, CANUCKS!

We've talked about how I love hockey, once or twice. And up until today, I was wondering just like last year, what the hell was up with the Canucks -- tonight's game is giving me hope that the team I know is back, and can avoid being the FIRST TEAM IN SEVEN DECADES to lead the season in points and then get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. It's still going on, but last I checked, it's midway through the 3rd period, and we're up 3-1.

I'd love to see us go on to win the Stanley Cup this year. I think if it hadn't been for how fantastic Tim Thomas is as a goalie, we probably would've won it last year. He was pretty unstoppable though, and despite my continuing bitterness towards the Bruins... I'll give them that. They've got a great goalie.

One of my fellow wage-slaves, also a Canucks fan, is starting to lose the faith. She figured that we'd win tonight, but then lose Game 5 and be knocked out of the playoffs. I'm going to hope to the hockey gods and to Super Panda that she's wrong, and that we can recover from this. It took us seven games last year to beat Chicago in the first round, and I think that if they really work for the win, they can beat the Kings in seven this year.

Now, it's time to get ready for work. I'm hoping for another slow night, because I want to try getting a few Project: SAMSON notes in when I can. When I get off in the morning, I've got four character outlines and sketch requests to send to Julie, and then it's off to take care of shit. Because, as we all know, "pay day" is just the shortened version of "pay the bills day".

0 comments:

Post a Comment