Friday, April 20, 2012

"Murphy's"

Now that I don't mention (by name) my current workplace, I've decided to refer to it as "Murphy's", as in "Murphy's Law". If you're not familiar, it's the position that states that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

At least once a month, that's what happens. Last night's shift was one of those, starting about halfway through -- customers destroying the coffee bar area, someone accidentally dumping their coffee all over the main register, an out-of-order bathroom... the only thing that didn't happen was a theft.

But, if luck works with me instead of against me, I might not have to work here at Murphy's for a whole lot longer. I applied for a new position tonight, at a workplace that will provide me with full-time hours, a starting pay that's a fair amount more than what I make here, and benefits after a few months, including medical, dental, and vision. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak, but I'm hopeful.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to clock on to work. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment