Monday, March 19, 2012

In Memoriam...

As I mentioned last night, I've been doing a lot of cleaning. I found a couple of high school yearbooks in a box in my bedroom closet, and went through the one from my senior year today. My goal was to find people that I had fond memories of (but whose names I'd forgotten), and try and reconnect online.

Most of the people that I tried looking up, I didn't find, but then I saw something unexpected. One person was listed as a "Public Figure" page, and I knew why before I clicked it. He'd died, and this was a way for everyone he'd known over the years to grieve together, regardless of distance.

An old friend, the same age as me, died doing something he loved with people he loved. I think it's time for me to try and get out and do more things, make some stories to tell. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment