Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Life - 2, Justin - 0

Want to know a really awesome way to wake up an hour early? The landlord of your below-living-standard rental house hounding you to catch up on rent and strongly suggesting that you might want to move soon, since you obviously can't afford it right now.

For those keeping track, this is the second time life has kicked my ass. The last time was in early 2007, when I barely had a ten hour-per-week job and had to move back in with my grandparents after living in a house that was somehow smaller than this, and in worse condition.

I'm going to TRY and avoid it this time, but it sounds like my landlord's not interested in continuing to let me try and catch up. In all likelihood, I'll have moved back in with my grandma by this time next month. It's not what I wanted, but there are a few benefits to think of: regular wifi use, a bigger kitchen to cook in (and cupboard space to help fill), and cable tv so that I can catch the occasional hockey game. Plus, since she won't ask for as much rent as I'm paying now, I'll be able to save up some money towards some important things -- travel, a car, and moving back out in a year or so (hopefully not much longer).

Here's hoping to make the best of a bad situation (and that I can find a place for mom to stay, because staying at grandma's isn't really an option for her).

0 comments:

Post a Comment